The Art of Herbal Healing
700 Pages ~ Color illustrations
Highlighting the holistic perspective and wisdom in healing the whole person, medicinal herbs are examined through a broad-spectrum lens, beginning with their uses and mythology in ancient cultures to modern scientific research with identification of their chemical components. A comprehensive study of 50 herbs in the Materia Medica includes their medicinal uses, cultivation, preparation of remedies for internal and external healing, dosages, and safety precautions.
Learn how to:
- Grow and harvest medicinal herbs
- Dry and store roots, leaves, and flowers
- Make a variety of herbal preparations including teas, salves, tinctures, poultices, pills, eyewash, nasal sprays, and more
- Safely and effectively use herbs to maintain optimal health and respond to illness
- Create your own botanical sanctuary
Susan Clearwater RN, BSN
Holistic Nurse & Clinical Herbalist
Susan Clearwater is a holistic nurse and clinical herbalist in private practice since 1993. She has cultivated medicinal herbs for over 40 years and owns Green Turtle Botanical Sanctuary, where she develops and maintains meadow and woodland gardens. The herbs are organically grown, processed into tinctures and salve from freshly harvested plants, and sold under the label “Green Turtle Botanicals.” Currently retired from teaching, Susan has held classes and apprenticeship programs on all major aspects of herbal medicine and cultivation for many years.